Home > FAQs


Please find below some of our most frequently asked questions.

Questions Most Frequently Asked By Our Customers...

These are a selection of questions we are often asked. If your question is not listed, please email us.

I need to have a load-bearing wall removed. Can you help?

Yes, we can help. This is one of our most common requests. We can attend to your property, inspect the wall, and then prepare the design calculations for a new beam to allow for the removal of the wall. Our calculations are also suitable for submission to the local authority for approval for building regulations.

I want to remove a chimney breast from my house. Can you help?

Yes, We can help. This is again a common request, and there are well-established methods of removing chimneys, including gallows brackets and beams. The correct solution needs to be determined based on the size, position, and location of the chimney, which we can assess for you during a site visit, and then we can prepare you with a structural solution. Our calculations are also suitable for submission to the local authority for approval for building regulations.

I have noticed cracking on my property. Can you help?

Yes, we can help. Cracking on buildings is not unusual, but when the cracks concern you or change, it helps to have a professional inspect them. We can carry out a visual inspection of the property and determine if the cracks are normal or something which requires further investigation. If we find cracks that cannot be easily explained, we will offer and explain the options for further intrusive investigation. We can advise on the potential issue and methods to prevent further cracking and methods of repairing the existing cracking.

I have architectural plans for an extension, but I need structural engineering. Can you help?

Yes, we can help. Please submit a copy of your approved drawings to us, and we can provide you with a quote to prepare a structural engineering design.

I have plans for a new build or development project. Can you help?

Yes, we can help. Can we provide total engineering solutions to extension and renovation projects and complete replacement homes, new housing developments, and multi-unit developments such as flats?

I am working on a project. Do I need a structural engineer?

If you are unsure if you need an engineer, feel free to contact us; we would be happy to discuss the project with you. Engineers can help analyse and design all the common materials, steel, timber, and concrete. So, if you are working on any project subject to forces, be that gravity, wind, snow, etc, we can help. In the past, we have helped design and analyse large Christmas displays, custom bespoke staircases, temporary event spaces, shop fronts, rock climbing walls and many more in-between.


Feel free to contact us for your structural engineering needs. We specialise in tailoring solutions to fit your unique project requirements. Whether you're planning new construction, assessments, or creative designs, our skilled team is here to assist.



Leave your details below and our experts will be
in touch

Your Name
Max. file size: 300 MB.